Saturday, July 26, 2008

Victory:D

I woke up extra early in the morning. It’s quite unusual for me to wake up this early during Saturday mornings, sacrificed my beauty sleep just for this competition. I wore my blue pinafore which has been left hanging for quite sometime in my cupboard. It has been a long time since I wore this pinafore. Luckily it still fitted me nicely. Or should I say I’ve haven’t grown up all these years. (That was my pinafore since I was in Form 1. *sob* =_= ate so much rice but still pint-sized.) Reached school about 7.00 a.m. Waited for a while till Han arrived and as usual, Yeo reached last. (Haiz…. She memang princess lah~)

En. Asman (who is really a quite and soft spoken teacher) fetched us to HS using his silver proton Iswara for the Pembentangan Power Point Moral competition. He registered us at HS and asked us to pick a number for the lucky draw that would be carried out later. I picked number 13, though according to superstitions it was an unlucky number. But I can feel it calling me to pick it and so I did. The competition was held in a room which was freezing. There were about 10 schools participating in this competition. We chose the fifth row and settled down (We chose it because it was a little elevated. Can have better view mah~) Han, Yeo and I cuddled together like kittens to gain some warmth because the air-con blasting at full. To make matter worst, we were positioned right under a fan. Brr… finally knew what it is like living in ‘antartica’.
Had tea break at 9.00 a.m. which consist of “ayan masak merah” and corn rice. Brought a little friend (Jia Hui) back to that icy cold room. She’s a form 1 student from TIGS. I’m really afraid that I will corrode her as she’s just so cute and demure.

The competition started shortly after the break. We were one of the last to present our presentation, the ninth team to be exact. The forth group was HS whao did a presentation on child abuse. They were indubitably very good -- visual effects was done professionally and eloquent. They language they used was of high standard. It was quite enlightening to look at their presentation. The 6th group (if I’m not mistaken) was also quite interactive and interesting.

Finally, after the long wait, it was our turn to present. We went out gingerly to the stage. I was quite shaky in the beginning. I think there’s probably about a million butterflies in my stomach. However, after that it was okay. My group got applauses when Yeo and me sang Selamat Hari Raya. (which was quite unexpected.) There was some technical problems in the mist of our presentation (the sound of the pre-saved text cannot be projected. Yeo managed to cover it up quickly by reading the text from the LCD. Fortunately no one realized and our presentation went quite smoothly. After the presentation, there was a lucky draw. Han was really lucky to be the first person to win the lucky draw. I had quite a pleasant surprise as my number was picked too! This was the first time of the 16 years in my life of getting something in a lucky draw. Maybe number 13 is not so unlucky after all ...

Finally, the moment of truth…. When the MC announced that we were the 5th prize winner, we were very happy. But later on the MC said there was no 5th prize as there was two 4th prize winners. Frankly speaking, I was quite disappointed at that very moment. However, unexpectedly, later on they announced that we were the 1st prize winner of the competition. We were stunt for a few seconds until the MC announced the second time that WE WERE THE WINNNERS!! It was REALLY unbelievable. It was weirder than the weirdest thing in the world and beyond our wildest dream – WE ACTUALLY WON! Yippee!!! I was totally exhilarated! I always thought that HS will win this competition but we won instead. To add to our joy, our school was also the overall champion for the Moral Carnival. ^,^(our school won another two prizes for 1st and 4th place respectively in drawing competition.) We called our Moral teacher to tell her about the results and to thank her. If not for her, we won’t even take the initiative to take part in this competition.

This competition was the best competition I’ve ever entered as I entered this competition with two of my best friends which really made the whole process really enjoyable and memorable. >.<

2 comments:

Yukiko said...

Hihi..Qingqing! Congratulations!! I feel so proud of you~ In life, these victorious moments mean so much because you share the joy with friends. I'm sure you'll remember this wonderful day for many years to come! ^^ Well, your form 5 days are numbered to be frank. So while you must study hard, do continue to create beautiful memories to cherish forever. Qing1 Chun1 Yong3 Bu4 Liu2 Bai2!! Jia you!!

The Composer said...

yay, we won!
congrats 4 being d winner 4 d lucky draw n yeo really made us wait 4 half an hour, isn't it?
u went back 2 early...
i wanna take d pics of 3 of us bt...
so, i'll gv u d pics a.s.a.p.
look 4ward 2 it! *^o^*